Home Learning Resources for Fulbourn Primary School
These online learning resources have been put together to support families having to work with children at home due to self-isolation or school closure. The following principles apply;
The materials are recommended in good faith and are meant as an additional resource for parents and carers.
The web links contained are supplied as a possible source of further support but appropriateness of content for age remains the responsibility of the parent or carer.
We would like to stress the need for caution regarding keeping your child/children safe online including use of home security filters, supervision of children online, restricting the amount of screen time etc.
Online Learning Resources
- Twinkl - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ Current offer code: CVDTWINKLHELPS to get a free account for school closure period.
- Topmarks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ Offers a range of great learning games across the primary ages.
- BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- Khan Academy - https://www.khanacademy.org/about/blog/post/611770255064350720/remote-learning-with-khan-academy-during-school Khan Academy provides resources for schools, teachers, parents and children. These can be accessed free of charge, with resources available in 40 languages. If you are unfamiliar with Khan Academy or Khan Academy Kids they are hosting free webinars next week, to show teachers and parents how to use their resources.
- TTS - Free printable ‘My Activity Book’ resources, to support home learning in the event of school closures. For more information visit, https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html
- But Why Podcasts - But Why is a show led by you, kids! You ask the questions and we find the answers. It's a big interesting world out there. On But Why, we tackle topics large and small, about nature, words, even the end of the world. https://www.npr.org/podcasts/474377890/but-why-a-podcast-for-curious-kids?t=1584459389412
- NRICH have created a feature in the ‘Primary Students’ section of their website which sorts activities by mathematical topic. Activities are labelled with suggested age suitability and stars indicate the level of complexity. https://nrich.maths.org/9084
- White Rose Maths - White Rose Maths are preparing a suite of online resources, including video tutorials and ‘premium content’ for individuals to use. https://whiterosemaths.com/
- Times Table Rock Stars- https://ttrockstars.com/ All children from Year 1 upwards have an account (your child's class teacher can remind you of login details via email at any point).
- Wild Maths - The Wild Maths website also has many free to access and use activities designed for children to use independently at home. https://wild.maths.org/
- Maths Frame - https://mathsframe.co.uk/
- Cool Maths Games - https://www.coolmathgames.com/
Science and Technology:
- Discovery Education - Discovery Education is a US-based online learning platform designed to support children with STEM topics. To support schools around the world faced with enforced closures, Discovery Education are offering free access to their online resources here: https://form.jotform.com/discoveryed/experience-access-request
- NASA Kids’ Club - NASA Kids' Club – a place to play games and learn about NASA! https://www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html
- Scratch - Scratch is a free programming language and online community where you can create your own interactive stories, games, and animations. https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Code Monster - Particularly useful for kids, Code Monster features two adjacent boxes. One displays code, the other shows what the code does. As you play with the code (with some help from a prompt), you learn what each command does. http://www.crunchzilla.com/code-monster
- CODE - Learning computer science when schools are closed. https://code.org/athome
Humanities (Geography, History, RE):
Arts (Music, Art, Dance, Drama):
- Cosmic Yoga - https://www.cosmickids.com/ Keep them active for at least half an hour every day.
- Go Noodle - GoNoodle® engages 14 million kids every month with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. Available for free at school, home, and everywhere kids are! https://www.gonoodle.com/