24th June 2022
Don’t miss this week...
- Online safety concern – Fortnite and parental controls
- Jubilee commemorative book
As a school that believes in making learning meaningful to our children by giving them lots of opportunities to apply their learning beyond the walls of our classrooms, we couldn’t be more excited about getting out and about again. Just this week, Early years have been enjoying the sunshine in Hunstanton and our class trips to the library are well underway. Year 5 have been to the Fitzwilliam museum and next week, lower school travel to the space museum in Leicester.
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Commemorative Book
As part of the celebrations in recognition of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, the Government is giving all school children a special commemorative book. Your child should bring their book home today and we hope they will enjoy reading about the life and times of the Queen.
Club plans for September
We have been contacted by a couple of parents to ask when we will be able to share our timetable of clubs for the Autumn term. We do understand that this is important to help you make arrangements and will be sharing the timetable as soon as possible. We are just working with our providers to finalise arrangements.
PTFA – Summer Fair Saturday 2nd July 2.00 – 5.00 p.m. (free entry)
- Candyfloss, welly wanging, balloon modelling, tennis, beat the goalie, craft activities and more! Come and enjoy a Pimms or a cup of tea and cake, wander round the stalls, catch up with friends or get to know new families, have the day off cooking and treat yourself to some tasty BBQ food from the Men In Schools.
- We need you! Every class has a stall. Look out for the sign up sheets in every class and at pickup/drop off or email us email@example.com if you are able to help (any half hour slot between 2.00 – 5.00 p.m.)
- We are collecting good quality books, soft toys and bric-a-brac. Or fill a jam jar with treats for our ‘jolly jar’ stall. Deadline for donations is Monday 27th June at 3.30 p.m.
Online safety concern - Fortnite
Do have a look at the Fortnite information poster below as it has a lot of useful information for parents about this game.
The NSPCC has some very useful advice for parents about parental controls and ways to help children keep safe online, including accessing a counsellor if they have concerns about a child. To find out more please follow this link:
Education Inclusion Family Advisor News
Please click below to read the latest newsletter from the Education Inclusion Family Advisor, which contains useful parenting suggestions and tips. Also below is an updated poster with details of the Parent/Carer support line.
There are still some spaces for drum lessons with Ben Piper. If your child is interested please contact Ben directly - see contact details on flier below.
Don’t forget to visit the Community Noticeboard page on our website for information about local clubs, organisations and events. Just added is information about summer holiday clubs and activities including athletics and netball camps, French clubs, tennis camps and a free instrument taster session at Duxford Saturday Workshop, held at Duxford Primary School.
Some highlights from this week
Reception had a wonderful time at the beach on Tuesday!