Aims and Values
Four core values underpin our decisions and actions. These are: courage, curiosity, compassion and creativity. They are incorporated into our school aims below.
Aims of the school
We believe that:
- Children who have courage and self-belief are most likely to achieve their aspirations;
- Children who are curious about learning will question the world around them and always challenge themselves and others;
- Children who have compassion will be, and teach others to be, better human beings;
- Children who are creative will be able to solve the problems of the future.
To enable children to achieve these qualities school staff must:
- Nurture children as individuals and help them recognise what they have to offer as members of society;
- Motivate and inspire children to achieve the highest standards in basic skills;
- Ensure children have the opportunity to achieve in all areas of learning and excel in those in which they have a passion or talent;
- Provide children with memorable learning experiences.
Children will feel:
- That they have something to offer that is valued;
- Excited about the learning that is about to take place;
- Enthralled by the learning taking place;
- Loaded with further questions that they want to explore;
- Motivated to talk about their learning outside of the classroom.
Classrooms throughout the school will be:
- Promoting independent learning;
- Balanced in their use of play, outdoor adventure, first hand learning, exploration and clerical activity.