Religious Education (RE)
We are a diverse school and cherish the remarkable variety of faiths and cultures that come together under our roof.
We believe that RE has an important place in a broad and well-rounded curriculum. RE encompasses the study of the amazing diversity of human experience and culture around the world, as well as building an understanding of personal practice and belief. It has the potential to produce a more tolerant and compassionate society.
We aim to foster in our pupils:
- Tolerance and respect for other’s beliefs
- Knowledge and understanding of other cultures, especially those that are common in the UK
- Ability to reflect on their own beliefs and values
- Critical thinking and questioning skills
Through our weekly lessons, we will investigate:
- Key beliefs in major world religions
- ‘Big’ questions, through philosophical thinking
- Personal beliefs, experiences and values